Marugoku Half Apron
The Marugoku half waist apron ("maekake"→ "前掛け" in Japanese) is a unique twist on the traditional Japanese apron worn by tradesmen and artisans working at small manufacturers, breweries, liquor shops, pubs, eateries, greengrocers, ateliers and other businesses to bespeak their trade.
Each apron is handmade at the Hakodate Boys Prison in Hokkaido, Japan from cotton canvas and rayon. Branded with the Marugoku logo woven into the fabric designed with the Japanese kanji for (“prison”) → (“goku”) → (“獄”) placed inside a (“circle") → (“maru”) → ("丸") denoting “a special product wholly made in prison” i.e. Marugoku. Embellished with retro-styled Japanese kanji evocative of typeface used during Japan's Shōwa period.
- Type: Half Waist Apron
- Fabric: 100% cotton canvas
- Dimensions: Width: 40cm | Lenght: 40cm | Cord Tie: 220cm
- Color: Japan Blue (Dark Indigo)
- Memo/Pen Pocket: Width: 20cm | Depth: 8cm
- Cord Fabric: 70% rayon | 30% cotton
- Cord Tie Length: 220cm
- Cord Color: Double-sided orange and white with black trim
- Hem: 3cm ornamental brush fringe
Cleaning & Care Instructions:
Cold water machine wash, short cycle in mesh laundry bag with mild detergent. Air dry. Iron on medium heat while still damp with the apron covered with another cloth. Do not wash with whites as color may bleed. If fabric is dry pre-moisten with a spray bottle or use the spray option on your iron to dampen the fabric. Do not wash with a chlorine bleach agent. If your apron becomes wet take care not to let it come in contact with items of clothing as color may bleed. While your apron is durable enough to wear for normal use take care not to stain the fabric with difficult to clean cooking oil or grease.
Available to both merchants and individual customers. Quantity is subject to availability. For additional details please see our How to order page here.
Returns, Exchanges & Refunds:
Each case is guaranteed to be as pictured and described. Carefully inspected for defects prior to packaging and international shipping. Actual value is insured free of charge. However, because each pouch is handmade in limited quantities all sales are final and no returns, exchanges or refunds are accepted with the exception of actual value loss for insured orders that are confirmed by Japan Post EMS to be damaged, lost, or stolen during shipping. For additional details please contact us and see our FAQ page here.
Shipping and handling charges are calculated at checkout based upon your destination and the weight of the shipment. Minimum chargeable shipping weight per case is (500) grams for all shipping zones. Sent via: Japan Post EMS.
- Handmade quality and unique craftsmanship
- Made from 100% cotton canvas
- Distinctive Japanese retro-styled kanji Marugoku brand logo woven into the fabric
- Wear at home when you're cooking up your favorite meal, provide for your staff if you own a food and drinks establishment, purchase as a seasonal, birthday, or novelty gift, or sell at your brick-and-mortar boutique, or online shop!
- Share as a unique conversation piece with family, friends, and coworkers