Slate Grey Pouch
The Marugoku Slate Grey Pouch is a distinctive change from mass-produced pouches. Each pouch is handmade at the Hakodate Boys Prison in Hokkaido, Japan from 100% cotton. Branded with the Marugoku patch that uses the kanji for “prison” → (“goku”) → (“獄”) placed inside a “circle" → (“maru”) → (" 丸") denoting “a specially crafted product wholly made in prison” i.e. “Marugoku."
This two-color pouch features a Marugoku brand logo patch, with the body and flap embellished with retro-styled Japanese kanji. Evocative of Shōwa period typeface. Accented on the reverse side with a classic Japanese castle.
Stash all you small daily essentials and must-haves in your Marugoku Slate Grey Pouch to express your Japonesque flair on the go. Clip it on your belt loop or purse handle, or slip it into your main bag for easy access.
Size is in metric easily converted to inches with the conversion chart here
- Type: Pouch
- Fabric: 100% cotton
- Dimensions: Width: 9cm | Height: 14cm | Depth: 2mm
- Color: Slate grey and white
- Belt Hook: Nondetachable metal swivel snap hook
- Belt Loop: Reverse side stitched tunnel loop
- Belt Loop Dimensions: Width: 5.5cm | Height: 5cm
- Flap Closure: Round press metal snap button
Cleaning & Care Instructions:
Warm or hot water wash may cause color fading and fabric shrinkage. If your case becomes wet take care not to let it come in contact with items of clothing as color may bleed. Do not wash in water. For best results professional dry clean with a perchloroethylene or petroleum solution. Do not clean with a chlorine bleach agent.
Available to both merchants and individual customers. Quantity is subject to availability. For additional details please see our How to order page here.
Returns, Exchanges & Refunds:
Each pouch is guaranteed to be as pictured and described. Carefully inspected for defects prior to packaging and international shipping. Actual value is insured free of charge. However, because each pouch is handmade in limited quantities all sales are final and no returns, exchanges or refunds are accepted with the exception of actual value loss for insured orders that are confirmed by Japan Post EMS to be damaged, lost, or stolen during shipping. For additional details please contact us and see our FAQ page here.
Shipping and handling charges are calculated at checkout based upon your destination and the weight of the shipment. Minimum chargeable shipping weight per case is (500) grams for all shipping zones. Sent via: Japan Post EMS.
- Handmade quality and unique craftsmanship
- Soft padded interior for item protection
- Great for travel or organizing
- One-of-a-kind stash pouch for small daily must-haves
- Distinctive retro-style Japanese kanji and Marugoku brand patch
- A unique product for personal use, seasonal, birthday, or novelty gifts or sold at your brick-and-mortar boutique, or online shop!
- Share as a unique conversation piece with family, friends and coworkers